We would like to take this opportunity to let you know how Coleman Talley LLP is responding due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
While there are many uncertainties, we are monitoring the situation closely, so we can respond accordingly. For the protection of our team members, their families, and our clients, we have advised our employees to observe heightened levels of hygiene and to stay home if they show any symptoms or have come in contact with those who have symptoms.
We are prepared to change our business practices to maintain operations. With that said, the firm remains operational and will continue to service our clients. We have implemented some minor changes to our procedures as it relates to meetings that are held at our physical office locations that we would like to call your attention to. Kindly note the following:
- To the extent possible, we ask that those individuals who are not required to be physically present in our offices accept documents for review and/or signature via mail or in electronic form.
- For those transactions which take place in our office, our team will observe–and we highly recommend that others observe–social distancing, whereby individuals maintain a distance of approximately 6-feet from others. This includes greeting methods that call for physical contact with individuals, such as hand shaking.
- We strongly encourage individuals to monitor their health and to avoid contact with others if they have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed. There are remote meeting options available and can be discussed with your attorney.
- We ask that individuals who are scheduled to meet with a member of our team at one of our office locations contact your lawyer immediately if you answer “yes” to any of the following:
- Have returned from international travel within the last 14 days;
- Have been diagnosed with or have household members who have been diagnosed, or care for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days;
- Have experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing).
In the event it becomes necessary to close one or more of our physical office locations for the safety of our team and our clients, Coleman Talley will shift to remote operations. Our goal is to maintain the highest level of client service during this time of health crisis. Thank you for your continued support and confidence in our team. Please do not hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions or concerns. From all of us at Coleman Talley we hope you, your family, and colleagues stay safe and healthy.