B. Lamar Tillman began practicing law in Valdosta, Georgia in 1937. Mr. Tillman established the foundation of the firm’s commercial transactional and litigation practices through his representation of Citizens & Southern National Bank (now Bank of America, N.A.), Georgia Power Company, the City of Valdosta and Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. Other than during his service in the U.S. Navy during World War II, Mr. Tillman practiced law until 1989. In 1960, his nephew, Henry Turner Brice, Jr., joined him in the practice of law. Previously, Mr. Brice served as executive secretary to the late Senator Richard Russell. During the 1960’s and 1970’s, the firm grew with the additions of John T. McTier, Wade H. Coleman, George T. Talley and C. George Newbern. Coleman Talley has continued to grow and expand its areas of practice, and now has 32 attorneys and represents clients throughout the southeastern United States. In addition to being members of the State Bar of Georgia, certain attorneys are also licensed to practice law in Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, and South Carolina. The firm opened its Atlanta office in 2005, and in 2007 changed its name from Coleman, Talley, Newbern, Kurrie, Preston & Holland, LLP to Coleman Talley LLP.