At Coleman Talley, our business and commercial transaction attorneys work with clients with interests throughout the Southeastern United States. Our clients look to us to provide legal counsel for a diverse range of matters from everyday legal needs to extraordinary transactions. We regularly handle complex transactions and provide the full spectrum of general corporate legal services from contract preparation to ongoing corporate governance, strategic and compliance counseling. Our commercial transaction attorneys help clients devise and close complex transactions.
Business Formation • Corporations • Limited Liability Companies • Partnerships
For start-up businesses, our lawyers will guide you through the choice and creation of appropriate entities to limit enterprise liability, maximize operational efficiency and minimize tax obligations. Once your business is formed, our attorneys provide ongoing assistance in strategic decisions and planning relating to control issues, equity structures, employment law matters, stock options, compensation, financing and governance.
We represent our clients in virtually all areas of business transactions including:
- Private offerings of securities
- Secured and unsecured loans and equity financing
- Business contracts with suppliers, distributors, customers and others
- Asset and business acquisitions and sales
- Employment matters, stock options and incentive compensation
- Partnerships, strategic alliances and joint ventures
- Tax planning and optimization
- Structuring and documenting compensation plans, including equity-based incentives
- Forming business entities and drafting charter and governance documentation
- Intellectual and proprietary technology licensing and transactions
When seeking legal assistance with a business transaction, experience is crucial. Our seasoned lawyers draw from their wealth of legal and business experience to suit your business objectives. Several of our commercial transaction attorneys also have MBAs, which give them a unique insight and in-depth understanding of the issues facing our business clients. We use this knowledge and experience to develop solutions that protect our clients' best interests and bottom lines.