Coleman Talley is dedicated to the representation of apartment owners and managers, offering streamlined and effective resolution of a full range of legal complexities involved with the day-to-day management and operation of multifamily communities. Since 1937 our legal practice has firmly established itself as a premier destination for safeguarding the rights and interests of landlords within the southeastern United States. Equipped with an authoritative command of federal housing law and an equally astute understanding of state and local regulations, we advocate for proprietors of both large and small properties, who entrust us with their utmost confidence for valuable insights and advocacy. Our purview extends across a spectrum of matters, encompassing management agreements, drafting lease and property management policies, evictions, discrimination complaints, and code compliance issues.
We are recognized for:
Vigorous Advocacy — Clients who turn to us for guidance in landlord-tenant affairs rest assured that we wholeheartedly champion their rights and steadfastly shield their property interests.
A Proven Track Record — Our strategic approach has culminated in a series of favorable outcomes for our clients. Our firm is knowledgeable about the unique issues facing affordable, student, and market rate communities.
Our Services include:
- Landlord-Tenant Law Support: Counsel on landlord-tenant law, including matters of residential dispossessions, licensure, management agreements, leases, policies, and other intricacies tied to apartment management, property owners and those responsible for leased housing management
- Housing Discrimination Defense and Training: Timely, strategic action is imperative when confronted with housing discrimination allegations. Armed with extensive experience in countering such claims, our litigators rigorously challenge allegations of bias under the Fair Housing Act and offer preventative counseling and training sessions
- Premises Liability Defense: Whether it’s injuries, latent hazards, or illnesses, count on us to vigorously advocate for your interests in premises liability claims. We provide insights into property management policies and procedures.
- Code Compliance Defense: We offer comprehensive counsel on code compliance, helping you avoid citations, mandatory repairs, and fines related to fire safety, permits, and tenant grievances.
- Bankruptcy Stay Litigation: Navigate eviction proceedings during a bankruptcy stay with our expertise. We facilitate the eviction process once the stay is lifted, regardless of missed rent payments.
- Compliance: The complexities of compliance with federal and state regulations of various funding types, including housing utilizing USDA, HUD, or low-income housing tax credits is an integral part of Coleman Talley’s practice. Our lawyers are prepared to help property managers and owners of housing navigate their obligations and advocate on their behalf with government agencies.